Thatcham, UK – 5 May 2022: PHABRIX, a broadcast test & measurement innovator, has announced that it will present the latest developments in its Qx/QxL and Sx Series products at the 2022 edition of The Media Production & Technology Show (MPTS). A mainstay of the UK media technology calendar, this year’s MPTS will take place at Olympia London on 11 & 12 May. Due to the Covid-19 pandemic, it will be the first time the event has taken place since 2019, when it acquired BVE and became the UK’s largest broadcast show.
The PHABRIX stand at MPTS (L744) will find the company showcasing multiple new features included in its Qx Series compact, hybrid IP/SDI, 4K/UHD rasterizers. Available in two platforms, Qx and QxL, the Qx Series provides a comprehensive feature set supporting multiple workflows and formats, including 12G/6G/3G/HD-SDI, HD/UHD/EUHD standards, 25G/10G IP interfaces, SMPTE 2110-10/-20/-30/-31/-40 with 2022-7 and AMWA NMOS, and SMPTE 2022-6.
A summary of the latest features being presented include:
• Introduction of class leading Waveform Monitoring with support for deep color sources up to 12-bits presented in Overlay, Stacked and Parade modes
• A new Dolby E Decoder and Metadata Analyzer option for a clear and accessible view of the Dolby E metadata in Dolby E and Dolby ED2 audio streams
• ST 2110: New 4×32 channel audio flow analysis mode (-30/-31) with NMOS
• ST 2110: Audio Group Mode metering – 16 channel metering, 1 group (4 channels) from each of 4 audio flows
• A suite of AMWA NMOS tools providing flexibility and clarity when integrating with an NMOS controller
• An updated NMOS receiver that enables more detailed API information to smooth NMOS interoperability
• A new NMOS sender (in the QxL platform) to accompany the 2110-20/-30/-31/-40 signal generator
• A new EUHD option on the QxL with support for analysis and generation of Extended UHD/4K YCbCr/RGB 444/422 10/12-bit formats in the range 47.95P – 60P
• A new 25G full line rate, programmable 4GB PCAP capture option for QxL, (10G line and 1GB PCAP capture for Qx) that provides selection options to capture live IP traffic in 2110 mode
• NoVNC support allowing full browser based remote access, delivering up to 16 simultaneous scalable instruments over a remote network
• Unveiling of the New QxP 3U instrument, ‘The Portable QxL’, a new form factor to take on new challenges
Also on display will be the Sx Series of handheld instruments latest development: automatic Link Detection of single links of multi-link 3G/HD-SDI based UHD formats as well as the remarkable versatility of its award winning Sx TAG IP handheld instrument. PHABRIX’s 8000th Sx Handheld unit will also be on show, enclosed in a bamboo casing, illustrating PHABRIX’s ongoing initiatives towards a greener future.
Phillip Adams, CEO of PHABRIX, comments: “It was a welcome development when MPTS acquired BVE in 2019, paving the way for there to be one robust and steadily growing annual event for the UK broadcast industry. Covid-19 sadly resulted in a hiatus of two years, but now MPTS is back and offering its most dynamic exhibition floor yet – and we are delighted to be a part of it. Broadcast and media companies everywhere are reviewing and evolving their equipment inventories as they prepare for the next phase of production history. As MPTS visitors will see, we have made the very best use of the extra R&D time over the past few years to further optimise our leading rasterizer and handheld instrument products – ensuring that they provide even more flexibility and functionality for all kinds of workflows.”
PHABRIX is a world leader in broadcast test and measurement, with a full range of portable and rackmount systems for rapid fault diagnosis, compliance monitoring, and product development. Technology strengths include IP video stream generation and analysis, advanced HDR/WCG visualization, and ultra-responsive physical layer analysis. The product portfolio includes the top-of-the range Qx Series for hybrid IP, 4K/UHD, and HDR/WCG signal generation, analysis, and video/audio monitoring. The advanced, rackmount Rx range provides fast intermittent fault diagnosis in 3G/HD/SD-SDI environments, using video capture and remote access. For applications demanding ultra-portable instruments, the company also offers the award-winning Sx range. PHABRIX maintains its headquarters and manufacturing facilities in the UK. PHABRIX is a member of the Leader Electronics Corporation group of companies. www.phabrix.com
To learn more about PHABRIX’s offering, please contact:
Page Melia PR
Tel: +44 (0) 7810 846364